Peter is a seasoned international executive and advisor with a proven track record in organization, people, transformation, and change management. Peter’s professional career includes roles both in corporate and in consulting.
– Executive Board Member, Credit Suisse Group
– Chief Human Resources Officer, Credit Suisse Group
– Group HR Director and Executive Committee Member, Prudential plc
– Group Head of Human Resources and Member of Group Management Board, Zurich Financial Services AG
Consulting & Advisory:
– Senior Advisor, Boston Consulting Group
– Consultant, Egon Zehnder
– (Senior) Engagement Manager, McKinsey & Company
Today, Peter focuses on non-executive board mandates, in particular of fast growing companies.
Peter holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of St. Gallen. He also completed an Advanced Management Program from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Eric Elzvik is currently a board member of LM Ericsson Telephony Company, AB Volvo and Landis+Gyr Group AG and works as a Senior Industrial Advisor to private equity company EQT AB, where he chairs the board of a portfolio company, Global Connect.
A graduate of Stockholm School of Economics, Eric started in 1984 in Finance and Controlling of ABB Group where he over a 33-year career held 9 senior and executive positions including Regional Controller South East Asia, Head of Corporate Development & M&A, Head of Global Processes, Division CFO of Automation Products Division, Division CFO of Discrete Automation Division. He was the Group CFO and member of the Executive Committee from 2013-2017.
Areas of unique experience/expertise Eric can bring:
– Finance functional expertise (CFO Finance management, controlling treasury, Global Finance Business services etc)
– M&A and Integration (Head of M&A at ABB during two periods and managed numerous acquisitions, divestitures and integrations)
– Transformations, turnarounds and cost reductions
– Real Estate and Project management
– Investor and debt market relations, including ESG aspects.
– Private equity and portfolio management
– Board and Board committee chair experience
– Global experience mainly in industrials, but also in telecom, logistics, financial service
Since his retirement, Heiko is Senior Advisor of VTG AG and is active in various supervisory and advisory roles ranging from the support of listed companies to charitable institutions. Before his retirement in 2021, Heiko was Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Executive Board of VTG AG from May 2004 – June 2021.
Heiko graduated with a Ph.D. from the Julius-Maximilians-University of Würzburg (JMU) and holds an M.B.A. from University at Albany (SUNY). During his career at VTG AG, he held a number of board roles and management positions in both VTG group and external German as well as international companies.
Areas of unique experience/expertise Heiko can mentor on:
– Long-term strategy development and execution
– International expansion through acquisitions
– Post-merger integration
– Change programs and HR Development
– Labor relations
– Ownership changes including sale of the company to private equity, IPO, capital measures, refinancings, take-over offers, delisting & going private, squeeze-out.
– Experience as supervisory board (dual board structure), administrative board (monistic structure) and advisory board m
Ekaterina has 25+ years of executive experience in the international retail, perfume and cosmetics, luxury, FMCG, F&B and travel retail industries.
Before joining McDonald’s in 2020, she was the Managing Director Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, UK, Malta and global B2B business for The Nuance – Dufry Group for the past eight years. She worked at A.S.Watson Luxury- Marionnaud Group in various global and leading general management regional positions across 22 countries for ten years. Before that, she was a partner in the start-up of perfume and cosmetic distribution and retail for a decade, the company was acquired by Marionnaud.
She is a Board Member appointed as an Independent non-executive director by the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development [EBRD] to Eastern European country for a Health &Beauty retail portfolio. She volunteers on the Board of Directors of the Swiss Association of MBAs.
Ekaterina holds a BBA from The International University of Geneva and an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. She has an Postgraduate Diploma from ESSEC Business School in the European Board of Directors Governance.
She served at the Global Board McDonald’s Global Women Leadership Network and DE&I International Group. She was a key advocate for the Women@Dufry global initiative, designed to identify, support, and encourage talented women to evolve in their career. She was a key player with the UN 17 SDGs deploying across various countries with Dufry Global initiatives. Besides, she volunteers as an Executive-in-Residence for The University of Chicago Booth School of Business alumni and current MBA students to achieve economic empowerment and mentoring.
Areas of unique experience/expertise Ekaterina can mentor on:
– Industry specific: retail [new, travel retail], digital, luxury goods, perfume & cosmetics / health & beauty industry, organizational design, transformation, restructuring, post-merger, standardization, innovations
– Skills: collaborations & influence [ cross-border/ cross-functional], critical thinking, agility & adaptability, determination & assertiveness, empathic communication, decision-making, cultural mapping
– Capabilities: leadership [ authentic, situational], strategy, transition [into the new leadership role or a company], people & talent management, DE&I
Before his retirement in August 2021, Paul was Chief Financial Officer and Member of the Group Executive Board of Helvetia Insurance Group from 2007 -2020. Before that he was Head of Corporate Development and Capital Management at Winterthur Insurance Group between 2002-2007 and Head of External Reporting at Zurich Insurance Group between 2000-2002. Before that he worked for Zurich Insurance Group In other roles and for Price Waterhouse (now PwC) from 1983-1996 in London and Zurich.
Paul graduated from the University of Reading and qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Price Waterhouse in London.
Areas of unique experience/expertise Paul can mentor on:
– Financial management and reporting
– Investor relations
– Capital management and financial risk management
– M&A and post-merger integration
Claude has more than 30 years of experience in delivering technology in the banking industry and leading large, complex, global organizations. He held several CIO positions including Group CIO for Credit Suisse (2015 – 2019) before stepping down from his operational role to pursue a career as an advisor, investor and board member. Claude is advising established companies as well as a number of startups.
Claude is a member of the Board of Directors of Fides Treasury Services AG and RawLabs AG. He is also member of the private equity investment committee of Credit Suisse Entrepreneur Capital AG, and a member of the investment advisory committee to the Swiss Entrepreneurs Fund. In addition, Claude is a member of the Board of swissICT, a steering committee member of digitalswitzerland and also serves on a number of industry and advisory committees.
Areas of experience/expertise Claude can mentor on:
– Emerging technology/industry trends (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, DLT, Tokenization of Assets, DeFi, FinTech, BigTech…)
– Due diligence of companies
– In- / Outsourcing
– Governance / Structuring organizations
– Interaction with ExB / BoD
– Navigating complex matrix organizations
Since retiring Peter serves on several for-profit and not-for-profit boards, chairing Nestle Germany, Nestle Pension Fund and a charitable foundation. He also invests in and supports several start-up companies and studies Applied History at Zurich Uni. Peter has over 30 years of general management experience in Asia and Europe, running companies up to USD 2 bio. and was CHRO of Nestle for his last 6 years until retirement in 2018.
Areas of unique expertise where Peter can mentor:
– In transformational, M&A and multicultural situations
– For multinational organisations and family-controlled companies
– On sales and marketing topics, particularly related to fast moving consumer goods
– On people, leadership, conflict and various other HR matters
Before her retirement at the end of 2020, Caroline was the CHRO and member of the Executive Committee of Sanofi (2018-2020), Holcim AG (2017-2018) and Syngenta AG (2010-2017).
A graduate of University College London, Caroline started her career in Finance and previously held a number of senior HR positions at General Electric (GE) including Head of HR at GE Capital Global Banking, GE Money and GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences (formerly Amersham plc). In her earlier career she was Head of HR at Laporte plc (Chemical sector) and Tiphook plc (Rental Asset Management).
Areas of unique experience/expertise Caroline can bring:
– M&A and Integration (acquired 4 times In her career as well as being part of acquiring teams)
– Culture change and organization development (growth, restructuring, major strategic business change)
– Diversity & Inclusion (personal experiences and perspectives as well also leading major initiatives to improve global representation of women and other affinity groups)
– Remuneration(executive compensation, global compensation, pensions and benefits and significant experience with Remuneration Committees)
– Executive Recruitment and Development
– Global experience across many sectors; financial services, pharma, life sciences, building and construction, chemical
– Global Mobility and relocation